Dileep Mouleesha -- My speeches @ Toastmasters

Thursday, February 03, 2005

Ice Breaker

Good evening, toast masters, guests and a warm welcome to my parents.

Some children are known to be born with a silver spoon in their mouth, but my story is slightly different

My parents tell me that I was born with a screw driver (smile) Perhaps they were right (in resignation)

As a kid when I was given a toy, I would open it up to see how it work. As time passed by I had opened up all gadgets and appliances in the house, It was fascinating to see how things worked. What amazed me the most what could a single electronic board in a gadget could do. But it was still a mystery how this board did this miracle. This was the reason why I took up electronics in my bachelors. By the time I finished my bachelors I did understand how it worked. But what intrigued me was how the software and the hardware worked in unison. Thus a masters in Computer Science. Presently I am doing my project as a part of course completion in the single largest Software networking company on the face of the earth, Novell.

Let me rewind a little bit, beautiful and bubbly city called Bangalore in the year 1981. I was blessed with a “bountiful” family called the “Mouleeshas

What more could I have asked for? Father who was the HOD of Neurosurgery and mother a principal of a preuniversity college.

I had an ideal childhood playing with my sister, 3 years older than I. and my other constant companion was my dog. I remember that I missed my dad immensely as he was pre occupied building his own career.

Much of this loss was made up in the future years when we would go out and play Tennis every single morning. He was punctual and immensely dedicated in what he did. You could check your watch with my dad’s first serve. Thank you dad for those important lessons!

I went to Air Force School. I was good in academics (must be the defective genes my parents passed on to me), I was one of the toppers also fared well in sports. But trust me when I say I was terrible in Singing and Dancing. It is the superlative form of bad. I believe its only self perceived limitations and I bray in public. I am learning how to dance. I am the only machine in a bunch of dancers, meaning I am so stiff, but I will not give up.

My alma mater for me was not just academics and sports, it was a value builder, a value instiller and a value pointer. I can still feel the vibration of “saare jahan se achaa” which we sang even today which we sang. Maybe this is the foundation that lead me to join Janaagraha, much to my regret I have not made a great contribution. But trust me I will put my best foot forward for this.

The curious among you who would like to know what I do in my spare time, reading books is my greatest passion with me. And the rest of the time I love to meet and talk with people. And that’s the reason my mom would vouch that I should not get myself a cell phone, because when I had one, calls would never stop coming in.

Future beacons me to do an MBA from one of the top universities in the world. I am willing to risk it all for it. I am willing to go the distance and risk it all time, money and unlimited effort.

I May not have the same experience as the senior toast masters here but I have learnt that no pain no gain.

I have the best friends in the whole world, but I have not nurtured friendship very well. I know I must make amends and cultivate friendship. I am also organizing a class reunion shortly, that’s my first step towards it. Mom are u listening? No matter how many more friends I make u will still be my best friend!

I believe in destiny, but that does not mean I am fatalistic. I believe u can carve out your own destiny with the 3 D’s Dedication, Determination and Discipline.

My inner voice tells me “Dileep will be engaged with an NGO”. There lies my future.

My guiding philosophy cold not have been captured better than our president APJ Abdul Kalams Poem “Me and My Nation”

As a young citizen of India armed with technology, knowledge and love for my country I believe small aim is a crime

I will work and sweat for a great vision

The vision of transforming India into a developed nation

I am one of the citizens of a billion

And only the vision will ignite a billion souls

It has entered into me that that the ignited soul

compared to any resource is the most powerful resource

I will keep the lamp of knowledge burning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home